Wednesday 16 February 2011

MESSAGE FROM MARK BEAUMONT

Shortly after we first discussed the idea of cycling across America, Mark Beaumont's documentary Cycling the Americas aired on the BBC. Not only was this an incredible resource at the time it was also inspirational to see someone completing a similar, although in reality much longer and more dangerous trip.

After watching the three episode documentary series with my family, my Mum bought me a copy of Beaumont's book, The Man Who Cycled the World. It was a great read and a very thoughtful present given my new found love for cycling and our American expedition. The Man Who Cycled the World is an entertaining account of Beaumont's Guiness World Record breaking cycle around the world and is a must read for any cyclists, potential cyclists or endurance enthusiasts.

 Shortly after Christmas, having put up with my unrelenting praise for the wonderful feats of Mark Beaumont and other endurance greats, (these non-cyclists just don't understand!) my friend Liz got in touch with Beaumont asking if he would sign a copy of the book as a Christmas present. He graciously agreed, and here it is, a motivational message from Mark Beaumont. Undoubtedly one of the most thoughtful presents I have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment